Vacation Bible School (VBS) & Totus Tuus Registration is now open!
Vacation Bible School (ages 3 through Kindergarten) and
Totus Tuus (Grades 1 – 12)
Date: June 19 – 24, 2022
St. Augustine Catholic Church
Call or stop in to register at the Parish Office at St. Augustine (507) 437-4537 or online at https://tinyurl.com/VBSTotusTuusReg
Totus Tuus is Latin for “Totally Yours” and the motto of Pope John Paul II. It represents our desire to give ourselves entirely to Jesus Christ through the hands of His Immaculate Mother.
Encourage your child to come to know and love their faith. With joy and honor, TOTUS TUUS serves our youth and shares with them the blessings that God has given us.
Vacation Bible School allows our young children an immersive experience filled with interaction and play while learning the foundations of our Catholic faith.
We will have GAMES, SKITS, SONGS, and ACTION!
Youth of all ages are guaranteed to have fun while learning new things about our Catholic faith in a FUN, UPBEAT ATMOSPHERE!
Parents- we need you too! Volunteer to help and experience the joy of seeing kids of all ages learn and grow in their faith! Register at https://tinyurl.com/VolunteerVbsTotusTuus
Youth Events Update
Don’t miss a single youth ministry event again. Text SASEYM to 71441 to receive text messages about upcoming events. Also, follow the St. Augustine & St. Edward Youth Ministry on Instagram @sase_ym.
Synod Listening Sessions
Listening Sessions for the Synod for will be on Tuesday, February 22 at 3:30pm and at 6:30pm.
There will be a half hour of Prayer before the Blessed Sacrament at St. Augustine.
Then the Listening Session in Jennings Hall to follow.
You can prepare by reflecting on the following questions (though you may share anything that you would like):
1. Do I feel like I belong in this parish community? Why or why not?
2. How do we as a Church listen well, and where do we fall short in hearing the voices of all who live in this area?
3. What areas of Christ’s mission are we neglecting?
We hope to see you at one of these sessions on February 22nd.
Holy Week 2022
Our Journey from Death to New Life
The “Easter Triduum”, the sacred three days, from Holy Thursday evening to Easter Sunday are celebrated as one great feast, the solemn celebration of the Church year. The Triduum is a commemoration of Jesus’ death and resurrection into new life. We celebrate what we believe: that Christ by dying destroyed our death and by rising he restored our life. The Triduum celebrates our participation as parish communities in God’s saving action, as we pass from death to new life in Christ.
- April 14th, Holy Thursday- Solemn Mass of the Lord’s Supper, 7:00pm at St. Augustine (Liturgy of the Word, Washing of feet, Liturgy of the Eucharist, Reception of the Sacred Oils, Transfer of the Eucharist)
- April 15th, Good Friday- 2:30 Confessions at St. Edward, 3:00pm Walking Stations of the Cross from St. Edward to St. Augustine. Followed by the Service of the Celebration of the Passion of the Lord at 4:30pm at St. Augustine. (Liturgy of the Word, Intercession for the World, Veneration of the Cross, Holy Communion)
- April 16th, Easter Vigil, Solemn Mass of Easter, 8:00pm at St. Augustine. (Service of Light, Liturgy of the Word, Liturgy of Initiation Confirmation, Liturgy of the Eucharist)
- April 17th, Easter Sunday Masses, 8:30am at St. Edward & 10:30am at St. Augustine