A message from Father Steffes
As we welcome and encourage you to come back to mass, and as you consider returning, we want you to know that we have been attentive to keeping everyone comfortable and safe! We also want you to know that we have been offering, and continue to offer, baptisms, weddings, funerals, adoration, Confessions, anointings, faith formation, and much more at the church. First Communion and Confirmation are scheduled as well as Holy Week and Easter. Attendance at Mass is increasing, and we continue to ask everyone to wear a mask and sanitize their hands upon entry.
Let us join together as the Body of Christ in receiving the Eucharist and the other sacraments!
We are continuing to offer three Masses each weekend for those who wish to attend:
4:30 PM Saturdays at St. Augustine
8:30 AM Sundays at St. Edwards
10:30 AM Sundays at St. Augustine
Weekdays, at St. Augustine:
7:30 AM Tuesday
11:00 AM Wednesday
7:30 AM Thursday
8:30 AM OR 5:15 PM Friday (it switches every other week during Lent)
We encourage those who have underlying health conditions to stay home and view the livestream on our Facebook Page.
Anyone with symptoms or recent exposure to COVID-19 must remain at home.
It may be helpful for you to know:
- The South & East entrances (at St. Augustine) and the Family Room and front entrances (at St. Edward) are open.
- Masks are required! This important health measure is required in the state of Minnesota. Please remember that your mask must cover both your nose and mouth and that you should keep it on for the entire time you are in the church except when receiving communion.
- We have seating in each alternating pew. In addition, our greeters are helping to identify available spots that maintain 6 feet of space outside family households.
- It is recommended that Communion be received in the hand; no Precious Blood is distributed at this time.
- There is no sign-of-peace.
- Baskets are located near the entrances of the church (St. Edward) and at the center of the church, as well as a wooden box at the South entrance (St. Augustine) for your envelopes or donations.
- Holy water fonts will remain empty, but Holy Water is available to take home.
- The hymnals have been removed from the pews.
- Volunteers are cleaning the church after each Mass in preparation for the next service.